5 Ways your Local Library can help with your Job SearchAdmin
55% of Philadelphia households do not have internet access according to technical.ly/philly. Local libraries have many benefits for those who do not have internet access as well as those who do.
Below are 5 ways your local library can help with your job search:
1) Free work space. For those without a home office, a library can be a quiet refuge for doing a focused job search. In addition, libraries provide free internet and computer access, if you sign up for a library card.
2) Free job hunting books, tips, and tricks. Libraries provide an abundance of books that can be extremely useful when searching for a job. You do not have to pay a fee for downloading a book off the internet and you get the same information.
3) Resume writing. Many libraries will offer career services that will look over your resume as well as “mock” interviewing to help you improve and get the jobs that you are applying for.
4) Job groups. Job groups allow you to meet and discuss your job search with other candidates. This can be an extremely valuable opportunity to network and learn about new job opportunities. You are able to gain skills and understand the job application process from others who are currently searching as well.
5) Classes and lessons. Many libraries will offer computer classes, job searching lessons, and software classes to better your skills. With the ever- changing world of technology, consistently improving your skills is a must for your next job.