5 Tips on Post Interview Thank You NotesAdmin
In a close competition for an open job, the candidate with the better thank you note will typically win. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when writing a thank you note.
1) The 24 hour rule. Always send your thank you note within 24 hours of your interview. This shows the hiring manager that you have a high level of interest in the position.
2) If you meet with multiple people in the organization, personalize the thank you note to each person. This is important because you can speak about different points with each person and emphasize the important selling points that each interviewer mentioned.
3) Content in your thank you note is the most important part. Share appreciation for the interview, talking points throughout the interview and most importantly, your selling points on what you can do for the organization.
4) Short and concise. Make sure your thank you note is not too long and straight to the point. Many of the executives who interview you do not have the time to read extremely detailed thank you notes. Writing a concise thank you note will show the manager that you have strong communication skills. Many senior managers will notice that your ability to say a lot with only a few words.
5) Proof read and edit. A thank you note is a writing sample and part of the interview screening process. The last thing you want is to be sending a possible future employer spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. This can easily cost you an offer. Have a professional friend or relative read and edit the thank you note before sending.