5 Secrets to Attract the RIGHT Candidates to your Job PostingAdmin
Job openings were at a record high in July of 5.75 million according to CNBC. With the increase in job openings, competition is strong between companies to find the right candidates for their open positions.
Below are 5 secrets that will attract the right candidates to your job postings:
- Create a marketing AD, not a job description. Most companies simply take a job description that may be 5 -10 years old and post this job description. A job description is designed to hold employees accountable to internal procedures and duties. An AD should be designed to explain what a candidate would gain from working with your team and organization.
- A job title can be everything. If your company uses the term secretary for the internal title, consider using an alternative title that is more common, as an example, Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant. Most candidates use job search alerts, which email them the new jobs as they are posted. People set up these terms and they must match for candidates to receive your posting by email.
- Know your job posting websites. There are thousands of job sites with many industry specific job sites. They can be expensive, so it is important to post on the sites that will deliver the highest quality of candidates.
- Know your market salary range. Salaries can be all over the map. Make sure that you have a budget to pay for a market salary for a position. If not, decrease the requirements for the position and seek a candidate with less experience.
- Google your company. Nearly everyone we know Google’s a company before applying for the position. If there are problems with your online reputation, hire a service and work to address them. You will not know how many candidates you will lose, because they will never apply.
We can assist with your job postings, call us for complimentary advice
Leave a Reply